Posted by Titanium Wild , 22 March 2010 3:28:00 pm
My latest adventures in soap making have not been worthy of recording in print, and the only reason this latest batch is being blogged about it because I felt I needed to have something to show as
I'm far too embarrassed to post pictures of the croap I've made on the last two occasions! Having become somewhat frustrated by soap making I had to try to salvage something from the failed batch, so incorporated the grated croap, (below), into this batch. It was meant to be a shampoo bar made using the hot process method....PAH!
I had failed miserably at my first attempt at the hot process method(honestly, how hard could it be?), being a die hard cold process gal, and because I'm stubborn to the core I decided that I NEEDED to atleast try to save face and produce something worthy of being called soap!
I'd received through the post the Blue Azulene colour I'd bought from Aromantic and decided to use that to colour a portion of batch. I also added a touch of Blackstar Red mica, something else that is new to me.
Ofcourse, as was befitting the theme of the last week, the batch seized on me, and I didn't have the opportunity to scent it(shame, as I love the lavender/peppermint combo I'd planned), but I was happy with the save, and glad that I hadn't totally lost the plot where soapmaking was concerned! The coloured portion ended up a granite grey, which isn't unpleasant. I'm just dying to find out how the Azulene colour behaves on it's own, so as soon as I find my notes on ocean type scent combinations using essential oils I'll (hopefully) have a new batch to show :)